How to Get Rid of Wasps?
If you are looking for How To Get Rid Of Wasps, You are at the right place. I was researching about Wasps dangers and how to make your house or office wasps-free. Stay with me and we will be talking a lot about Wasps.
What Are They?
Before we jump to How to Get Rid of Wasps, let me share some more useful information about Wasps. The Wasps appear in Summer. First of all, You must know your enemy. Don’t confuse yourself that Wasps and Bees are the same. We are here to discuss only how to get rid of Wasps like Hornets and Yellowjackets etc. Bees are very important for plant pollination and most of the time they avoid stinging (unless they are really threatened or someone messes with their Honeycomb) Because they die after stinging someone. I have attached the pictures so you can easily understand the difference between them.
Where do Wasps go in Winter?
Have you ever wondered where do they go in winter? Do they migrate to other warm places or hide somewhere?
The Wasp Colonies die in the winter due to a lack of food. Only the Mated Queens survive in the shelters by a process called Insect Hibernating. When the summer starts, they come out and start new Colonies.
Why Wasps Are Dangerous?
Almost all of us have been stung by a wasp in our lifetime. Wasps are equipped with Stinger. They puncture human skin and release a venom(a poisonous substance) in the human body. This a very unpleasant experience. Wasps can sting several times, unlike the Bees. Wasp venom causes significant pain and irritation. So, it’s better to get rid of wasps.
Why do Wasps Sting?
The reason Wasps sting a human is that they feel threatened or bothered. For example, if wasps are around you and you wave your hand or paper constantly to get rid of them, most likely they will get more offensive and gonna attack you.
They also use their sting to catch or kill their prey, and obviously their prey can not be a human.
Wasps Sting Reaction
Wasp Sting reactions are classified in below three types:
- The people who don’t have Sting Allergies will show only minor symptoms during and after a wasp sting. But the initial sensations can include sharp pain or burn at the sting spot. Possibly, it will also cause Redness, swelling, and Itching. Normally, the pain and swelling recede within several hours of being stung.
- Some people are allergic to Wasps Sting. They will be affected more but will not experience life-threatening symptoms, such as anaphylactic shock. In these people, redness and swelling could last for two or three days after the sting. The occurrence of Nausea and Vomiting is also possible.
- In the case of most severe allergy, Reactions to a Wasp Sting are referred to as Anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis occurs when the human body goes into shock in response to wasp sting’s venom. Most people go into shock very quickly. In this case, It’s important to seek immediate emergency help to treat anaphylaxis.
Treating Wasps Stings
From the three types of Wasps Sting Reactions I mentioned above, No.1 and No.2 can be treated at home. You should follow these steps in case of Wasp Stings:
- Gently wash the sting area with water and soap. It will help remove as much of the venom as possible.
- Place an Ice Pack at the sting area. It will reduce swelling and pain.
- Keep the sting area clean and dry to avoid infection.
- You can also cove the sting area with a bandage if you want.
If you are too much bothered by itching at the Sting Spot, You should use any itching reliever cream or lotion. Pain killer like iBruphen is also helpful in Wasp Sting to reduce pain.
In the third type of reaction (which is very rare to happen), Seek medical help immediately and describe the situation to a Doctor. Don’t waste time treating at home.
How to Get Rid of Wasps?
Now you know more about the Wasps, What are Wasps? Why do Wasps Sting? Wasp Sting Reactions and Wasp Sting Treatment. Let’s take a look at How to Get Rid of Wasps. There are many ways to remove or kill wasps and destroy their nest. You can do it yourself but it could be dangerous and you should use full protective clothes before starting operation against the Wasps. There are many Pest Control companies out there that can do the job for you. You can also use Sprays and Traps. You can use any of the below methods to Get Rid of Wasps.
Important Note: Going near the Live Wasps Nest in any circumstances, is extremely dangerous. Just do not go near the Nest until you wear Wasp and Bee Protective Suit.
Some of the Best Wasp and Bee Protective Suits are given below:
1. Using Wasp Traps
The first method in How to Get Rid of Wasps is using a Wasp Trap. You can make this trap at your home but for best results its better buy the Best Wasp Trap from Amazon. In this method, you have to use water and sugar as bait. Mix 100-gram sugar in 1 Litre Water and put this liquid into the Wasp Trap’s bait container. Wasps will sense the scent of this tempting treat, will enter the trap and will not be able to escape. You can either make it at your home or choose one of the Wasp Trap given below.
2. Remove Wasps Using Peppermint Oil
The second method in How to Get Rid of Wasps is Removing or Keep them away using peppermint oil. Wasps really don’t like the Mint. You just have to apply a few drops of Peppermint Oil on tissue or cotton pad and place them around the Wasp Nests. Wasps will run away from this place. This is a natural Wasp Repellent Remedy. You can buy Best Peppermint Oil from Amazon. My recommended Peppermint Oil is given below.
3. Soap and Water Mixture Spray
The third one in How to Get Rid of Wasps is killing them by Soapy Water Spray. Simply mix some soap in the water and put this mixture in a spray bottle. Then spray this mixture on Wasp Nests. Wasps will almost instantly die because of suffocation Because Soap clogs theirs breathing spore. Its highly possible that you already have Soap in your house, but still I recommend soap and Water Spray Bottle. Check below:
4. Killing or Removing Wasps By Smoke
Smoke is a very good wasp repellent. You can put a small fire beneath the nest. Smoke will cause suffocation and most of the Wasps will die instantly. Only a few will be successful in escaping which will never come back.
5. Get Rid Of Wasps by Using Wasp Killer Products
There is a variety of Wasp Killer Products available in the market. You can buy and use one of them. A few recommendations are below:
6. Removing Wasps By Hiring a Professional Pest Control Company
If you don’t want to do it yourself and still wondering How to Get Rid of Wasps? Just contact a Pest Control Company and they will be more than happy to help you. You can find Best Pest Control Company near you by simply searching these terms on google.
I am not a Pest Control Specialist or Expert. I saw people were looking for How to Get Rid of Wasps/YellowJackets/Hornets. I researched and tried to answer the query. Thanks